Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Website Optimization, SEO Companies, if you are not familiar with these terms you’re not alone. Most business owners simply cannot dedicate the time required to attend classes or to educate them of SEO. The business owner who attempts it will soon realize, he simply lacks the time SEO requires and continue to operate a business.
If you consider self-provided SEO, you will soon learn that almost every “SEO Guru” appears to have their own claims of a secret formula to get you to the top of the search engines and hold the fabled #1 spot on Google for your keywords.
You will also begin to see that the costs vary wildly. Some Search Engine Optimization firms offer their services for free until you start seeing results. Others charge a flat monthly service fee and many charge over $200 per hour.
Where in the world do you begin?
The internet is flooded with Search Engine Optimization providers and it’s hard to know exactly who does a great job and who does not. If you dig deep enough you will notice that one website seems to stand out beyond the rest. That website is TOPSEOS.
Let me let you in on a little secret about TOPSEOS. They are a pay-to-place company. If you are a SEO firm looking to get listed on TOPSEOS, you give them a call and soon learn that you end up having to pay thousands of dollars to rank at the top. Not only this, but you will input all of the data yourself. TOPSEOS does not confirm any of it! This includes, your revenue claims, fulltime employees, active clients, client retention rate and more. If you doubt it, give them a call yourself.
So What Do You Do Now?
You could look at how competitors in other states are ranking in Google and then contact them to see who they use for their search engine optimization. Then again most business owners do not realize just how good or even bad their rankings are! I’ve spoken with business owners before and informed them that they are missing out on opportunities in their geographical area due to not ranking well at all for high-traffic keywords. Even after presenting the data to them they would state their current firm” is doing a great job and they’re receiving a lot of business”. The fact is they are missing out on thousands of potential new clients if they would only reach out into neighboring cities.
Who Do You Choose?
Search engine optimization is a hot topic and an extremely hot market for businesses these days. With any type of online service when something becomes a “MUST HAVE” you literally see thousands of fly by night firms pop up claiming to be masters of their field in SEO.
Finding the right SEO firm to service your business can be a daunting task. Consider the top three warning signals before ever signing a contract with a firm:
- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Search Engine Optimization is a time consuming task that requires experience, diligence and commitment. If a company claims they can get you to the first page of Google for your top 10 heavy-traffic keywords for less than $1000 a month. Chances are they are using ‘black hat tactics’ or will not do what they claim they can
- Stay away from SEO providers who ask you what keywords you want to rank with. It’s their job to find out who your target clients / customers are and what keywords will bring you the best results.
- If the firm claims they are linked with Google in any way and claim they can definitely get you to #1 then you need to thank them for their time and end your preliminaries with them then and there. Google is not affiliated with any firm in anyway, nor can a firm offer you 100% certainty that they can get you to #1. Google changes their algorithms constantly and there is no SEO wizard that can wave his wand and magically transport you to #1 flawlessly and expect you to stay in #1.
Okay, I’m listening. What can you do for me?
If you’re interested in using Team NEO for your search engine optimization provider, we will need to conduct an interview with you and will need the following information:
- Methods used currently to promote your business
- Services and/or products you provide to your customers
- Markets you currently provide your services and/or products in
- Your approved budget for this service
Once this information is collected we will provide the following:
- Assess your onsite website optimization
- Analyze your competitors in your market(s)
- Research the highest traffic keywords that best suit your goals and budget
- Analyze your current rankings for these keywords